Live Session Protocol for Pupils, Parents and Carers
Teachers may wish to live-stream sessions from their homes to pupils. This will only be done using the Google Meet platform that can be accessed via Google Classroom.
Live-streaming will only be used where the teacher feels this would be beneficial.
To ensure that live streaming of sessions works effectively:
● All live sessions will be recorded. Pupils must not share any materials from these sessions with anyone else. If materials are found to be shared (on any platform) then the pupil may be blocked from future sessions. All concerns will be reported using the usual behaviour management protocols in school.
● Pupils should turn their microphones to mute before joining the Meet and when not talking as this prevents noise disruption during the lesson. If they wish to ask a question or respond they can either turn the microphone on or type their comment.
● If a pupil does not want to be recorded they can turn their camera off.
● Pupils must behave appropriately at all times. The teacher is able to mute the pupil and can remove them from the session if it is felt that behaviour is not appropriate.
● Pupils should only contact staff through Google Classroom or through the class email address given to them by their teacher.
● Parents should not be contacting teachers for information. Parents should use existing methods of communicating with the school.
● Please ensure the background in your home is neutral or blurred and no other people are visible or audible during the sessions.
● Please ensure appropriate dress during the live-streaming.
● Parents should be present, but not get involved in the live sessions, but please talk to your child about them afterwards and encourage them to take part. Engagement with Google Classroom will be monitored by the school.